Five Ways to Get Workout Motivation
Does this sound like you? You get up, go to work and about halfway through the day, you realize that you still need to go to the gym. The trouble is that you don’t feel like working out, even though you haven’t moved your body much at all. In fact, you realize that you have been sitting and staring at a computer screen for hours! Working out would really be a great idea and you know that it would help you lose weight and gain more energy. But sitting on the couch watching movies with a bag of popcorn sounds pretty good too. After all, who has the time and energy to workout…especially after a busy day? Here’s the thing. We need to exercise every day in order to achieve our wellness goals. Sitting too long can have negative effects on our health, especially if we aren’t taking the time to stretch or do any type of cardio workout. If you are lacking energy and motivation to go to the gym, here are five tips to get you rev-ed up and ready to sweat.
- Write down your fitness goals: We know, we know…journaling and writing down your thoughts and feelings may sound cheesy. But setting goals is important, especially when it comes to incorporating a strong wellness routine in our lives. We live in a world where the majority of our time is spent looking at our phones. When was the last time you actually picked up a pen and paper? The simple act of writing down your workout goals can help you really absorb what it is you are hoping to achieve. Try writing down one goal a day on a sticky note and put it in a spot where you will see it. You can also keep a journal to track your progress as you stick with your new workout habit. Just make sure that you document every time you go to the gym, go for a walk or do something that emphasizes self-care and fitness. Once you have a read through all that you have written, it should empower you to keep up with your workout routine and keep striving to reach your fitness goals.
- Rock it out: Let’s face it, sometimes going to the gym can be boring. This is especially true if you do the same type of activity day after day. Is there anything worse than running on a treadmill for 30 minutes simply looking out a window? How about lifting weights while listening to the guy next to you grunt over and over again? When you are trying to get in the habit of going to the gym on a regular basis, have a killer playlist ready to go. Pick out music that motivates you to move your body. Keep this on your phone so you always have some tunes ready to get you energized. Just don’t forget to bring your headphones!
- Bring a buddy: Many experts have said that the key to motivating ourselves to exercise comes from having a strong support system. That’s why it’s so important to find a workout buddy, somebody who will go with you to the gym and encourage you to reach your fitness goals. Ask yourself, who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is in alignment with what you are looking to achieve? Not only will having a workout partner hold you accountable to stay active, it can make your workout a lot more fun! Check in with your buddy on a regular basis to see what progress you have both been making. Celebrate your successes together and lift each other up with words of encouragement and support.
- Spice it up: It’s important that you don’t feel like you need to do the same type of workout routine, over and over again. After all, how boring is that? Why not spice things up by incorporating new workouts throughout your week! One day, try your hand at lifting weights. The next day, hit the pool and swim some laps. Base your workouts around your moods and listen to your body. What is going to give you the biggest lift of energy while keeping you focused on reaching your wellness goals? After all, fitness should be fun! Do something that makes you happy while giving you the sense that you have accomplished a routine to help you look and feel your absolute best.
- Try Superior Labs VasoWorx: Some days, it seems like nothing will give us the lift of energy we need to get us out the door and at the gym. That’s why we recommend incorporating Superior Labs VasoWorx into your daily supplement routine. VasoWorx is a specially formulated supplement with seven proven ingredients that have been designed to increase nitric oxide levels. This means that it can help promote extreme pumps, lasting energy and strong stamina. Unlike other performance-based supplements on the market, VasoWorx does not contain any harmful ingredients. It is free from magnesium stearate, dioxides and preservatives. Best of all? It is formulated in an FDA registered facility, right here in the USA! Learn more about Superior Labs VasoWorx here.