How to Boost your Libido, Naturally!
Let’s talk about something that tends to make people blush. Your sex drive, a.k.a. libido! As awkward as it is, your libido is an important topic that unfortunately many people are uncomfortable talking about. That’s a shame because after all, it is a key component of maintaining good relationships! Some people have a high libido while some are starting to experience a low sex drive. Not feeling “in the mood” isn’t necessarily an indicator of a health problem. That being said, many people wish that they could boost their libido naturally, especially when they are entering a new relationship or dealing with aging issues. Fortunately, there are a few natural ways that you can increase your sex drive safely and effectively.
- Get some sleep - Getting a good night’s rest may sound counterproductive with regards to boosting your libido. After all, don’t you want to be alert and awake in order to get things going in the bedroom? Believe it or not, having high quality sleep is a key component in maintaining a strong libido. In a 2015 study, it was suggested that woman who got more sleep the night before increased their sexual desire the next day. (link to https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/111751/jsm12858.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y) The women who reported longer sleep times also reported stronger arousal than those with shorter sleep times. If you are having a hard time falling asleep at night, try adjusting your bedroom to make it a “sleep sanctuary”. Make sure there is not any light filtering through your blinds. Turn off any bright screens or alarm clocks. If you live in a noisy area, you might consider investing in a white noise machine. You can also try taking Superior Labs 100% Pure Melatonin Complex supplement to help you relax and get restful sleep. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/collections/sleep-relaxation/products/melatonin-complex)
- Check your Diet - Do you drink copious amounts of coffee? Do you eat processed foods that are laden with sodium? If so, your diet may be to blame for you experiencing a low sex drive. Not only does eating a diet rich in nourishing whole foods benefit your sex drive by promoting good circulation, eliminating specific foods can help to boost your libido as well. Foods that are high in sugar and salt can leave you feeling tired and sluggish. They can also make you feel bloated which we all know doesn’t exactly make you feel sexy! Try focusing on eating natural foods that are low in sugar and high in beneficial lean proteins. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water during the day and cut back on caffeinated beverage that may be making you feel jittery and burnt out.
- Try Superior Labs 100% Natural DHEA –DHEA is a hormone that is produced by our adrenal glands, located right above the kidneys. As we age, we begin to experience a decline in the production of DHEA. As a result, we can begin to experience various symptoms including decreased sexual desire (in both men and women). One study showed that taking DHEA supplements may increase libido, especially with people who are experiencing impaired sexual function. (link to https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28118059/ and https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21942655/) Superior Labs 100% Natural DHEA contains 100mg of pure DHEA, free from harmful additives and ingredients. Learn more about this product here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/products/dhea)
- Make it Maca - If you are skeptical to try herbal remedies as a way to improve your libido, we hear you. But you should know that studies have been conducted, showing data that suggests certain herbal remedies may help to improve sexual function. One of these herbal remedies is maca. Maca is a Peruvian plant that is typically found in the Andes mountains. It is a cruciferous vegetable and is well-known due to its ability to help increase the libido. A study from 2002 found that men who took 1.5 or 3g of maca per day experienced an increase in libido compared to those who took a placebo. (link to https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1439-0272.2002.00519.x) A 2015 study found that maca may help reduce sexual dysfunction in post-menopausal women who were taking antidepressants. (link to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4411442/) Furthermore, it has been suggested that maca can have benefits for people experiencing erectile dysfunction. (link to https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1439-0272.2008.00892.x) Superior Labs 100% Natural Maca contains 750mg of pure Peruvian Maca, free from magnesium stearate, dioxides and artificial ingredients. Learn more about how Superior Labs 100% Natural Maca can benefit you here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/collections/wellness/products/maca)
- Get regular exercise – Obviously, getting regular exercise can help us lose weight and stay in shape. But did you know that working out can also help our libido in many ways? A 2015 study showed that regular exercise helped men cope with issues including low libido and relationship changes. (link to https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00520-014-2327-8) Exercise also helps to give us an increase in energy, body confidence, and can help improve our quality of sleep. Try to schedule in at least 30 minutes of exercise each day as a way to help you look, act and feel your best. You can go for a walk, run, swim…just make sure that it is an activity that you will enjoy doing on a regular basis.