Key Supplements and Nutrients for Promoting Healthy Skin
Let’s be honest. Most of us want beautiful, healthy-looking skin! After all, it is important to always put our best face forward. When we look our best, we feel our best! In a selfie-obsessed world, many people are turning to extreme procedures in order to obtain flawless looking skin. Some even spend thousands of dollars on topical creams only to find themselves right back in the place where they started. While there is nothing wrong with having occasional zits and wrinkles (because after all, these are a part of life), maintaining healthy skin is key to looking and feel your absolute best. Your skin is your body’s largest organ, so it is important to give it the nutrients it needs to thrive. If you are wanting to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin, here are some key nutrients to include in your daily wellness routine.
- Biotin: Biotin is found in foods like egg yolks, bananas, mushrooms, organ meats and nuts. When food is over-processed (like many of the pre-packaged items we typically include in our diet), the biotin content is rendered ineffective. This is when biotin deficiency can occur, resulting in symptoms that include hair loss or even rashes on the skin. Because it is a water-soluble vitamin, the body does not store any excess biotin, which makes discovering therapeutic dosage of it easy and effective. Superior Labs 100% Pure Biotin is made with a naturally occurring, biologically active form of Biotin. Each capsule contains 5000mcg of pure D-Biotin and is free from any harmful ingredients of any kind. Learn more about this product here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/products/biotin)
- Zinc: Did you know that our bodies are not able to produce zinc, even though it is an essential nutrient needed look and feel our best? Unfortunately, many Americans are deficient in this valuable nutrient. In fact, it is estimated that 12 percent of the US population is at risk for experiencing zinc deficiency. That’s why many Americans focus on eating foods that are rich in zinc, especially when it comes to the health of their skin. Studies have shown that oral zinc treatments can effectively treat acne by reducing inflammation, inhibiting the growth of P. acnes bacteria and suppressing oily gland activity (link to https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20510767/) Obtaining zinc through our diet is also key to reducing various types of inflammation throughout our body, including that which can lead to visible signs of aging. If you are wanting to increase your daily intake of zinc, try eating zinc-rich foods like pumpkin seeds, oysters, eggs, nuts, and beans.
- Antioxidants: If you experience any type of inflammation on your skin, antioxidants are going to be your new best friend! These valuable nutrients help protect our skin by fighting off harmful free radicals in the body. These free radicals are known to cause damage to our skin by destroying healthy skin cells and creating oxidative stress. Antioxidants have been shown to combat this, helping to reduce this harmful inflammation. Graviola (also known as Soursop) is loaded with antioxidants to help ward off inflammation in our bodies. In fact, one study showed that Graviola extract helped to decrease swelling and inflammation by up to 37%. (link to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2885094/) Superior Labs 100% Natural Pure Graviola helps to promote healthy skin with 1200mg of pure Graviola in each capsule. This supplement is made in small batches to ensure potency, quality and efficacy. Discover how Superior Labs 100% Natural Pure Graviola can benefit you here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/products/soursop-graviola)
- DHEA: It’s no secret that as we age, our skin can develop unwanted lines and wrinkles. In fact, millions of dollars are spent by consumers every year, desperately trying to combat signs of aging. DHEA is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. When we hit our mid-twenties, DHEA production peaks and starts to decline as we go through life. As a result, we start to see some signs of aging throughout our bodies, especially on the skin. The result? Fine lines and wrinkles! The effects of DHEA on the skin have been studied extensively by scientists and offer promising results. One study showed that people aged 60-79 years old who were given 50mg of DHEA daily (for one year) showed improvements in sebum production, skin surface hydration, skin pigmentation and epidermal thickness. (link to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC18228/) Superior Labs 100% Natural DHEA supplement supports healthy skin aging by offering the latest technology combined with quality botanical ingredients. Learn more about the benefits of this supplement here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/products/dhea)
- Vitamin C: We are all familiar with the effects of vitamin C in relation to boosting immunity. But this nutrient is also important to promote healthy, clear skin. Since vitamin C is an antioxidant, it helps our body fight-off damaging free radicals. It also works to inhibit melanin production in the skin, which helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots. Topical vitamin C treatments have been shown to help brighten the appearance of the skin while reducing redness. Taking vitamin C orally can also help to reduce visible signs of aging due to its role in helping with the natural collagen synthesis. It helps to repair damaged skin and in some cases, may even reduce the appearance of wrinkles. If you are looking to incorporate more vitamin C into your daily diet, try eating citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, and limes), berries and even leafy greens. You can also get a good intake of vitamin C by taking Superior Labs 100% Natural Maca capsules. Maca is rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and may help to support healthy, beautiful skin. Learn more about this supplement here. (link to https://superiorlabs.com/products/maca)